The WHSAA has published the 2021 indoor track expectations and modifications. The entire document is included as part of this article. The biggest changes are bulleted below.
The biggest change for 2021 is that there will be very limited participants at the 2021 state indoor meet.
- A total of eight qualifiers for State In the running events and relays.
- A total of nine qualifiers for State in the field events.
- Each team will have three meets where times and marks can be used for state qualifying. These meets will be at either Gillette or Natrona and are being scheduled by the WHSAA
- Teams can go to additional meets but times and marks that aren't accomplished at the WHSAA sanctioned qualifying meets will not count towards state qualifying.
- No fans at regular-season meets.
- The Boys and Girls state meets will be on different weekends
- Each state qualifier will be able to purchase two tickets for the state championships.
- The combined school athletes from Goshen County will no longer run for Central, they will compete as the Goshen County team
Wyoming MileSplit will Track and Publish the Following
- Current Up-to-date state meet qualification rankings
- Over-all Wyoming event rankings.